Everything has a trend. Clothing is a perfect example. Each season brings something new. At one point in the year, everyone is wearing the same thing. Trends in fashion change almost every day. It’s a great indication of what’s socially accepted at any given point in time. Now, if we’re talking about trends in other industries we would revisit some of the same points.
A trend is defined as something that is current and commonly used among the greater part of the population. It doesn’t necessarily have to be one thing. There can be several different trends circulating at the same time. When it comes to online advertising, that’s usually the case. If you’re missing something, but can’t quite put your finger on it, let’s go over some of the 2013 internet marketing trends.
- Cloud-Based Options – First things first. What is “the cloud” and why do I need it? It is simply the use of hardware and software that is delivered through a network. If you’re not using a cloud-based tool just yet, it might be safe to say that you’re behind. This is a great way to collaborate while having a virtual server. It gives you instant access to the resources that you may need while saving your bank account from taking a hard hit.
- Social Media – This is a HUGE part of what’s current! Even if you’re not running a business, there’s a 99.9% chance that you have a social media account located somewhere on the World Wide Web. Social media is a great way to spread the word on whatever it is that you’re trying to convey to your fans. It is almost unacceptable for a current business to not have some kind of social media outlet. This tool is something that has over 1 billion users, so there really isn’t a shortage of potential clients waiting to hear about your business, and the only thing standing in the way is you and a social media account. Are you convinced yet?
- Mobile – Smart phones link back to social media. Why? Well, most (if not all) social media companies have their own apps. Users are able to access their accounts on the go! Why not create a way for those same users to check out the latest on your business? That’s very smart advertising!
- Multi-Screens – What if you could reach TV Viewers while reaching your social media fans? Studies have shown that 86% of social media users are watching TV while using their devices. Throw a commercial in there. Advertise a promotion on TV that can only be accessed through their mobile app!
- Videos – 68% of people that view videos will share a video link to their friends. Create a video that catches your viewers by surprise. Do something that they wouldn’t expect. Make them laugh while advertising! This is a great way of spreading the word even further.
Of course, there are more ways to utilize online advertising. The above listed are well-known trends with proven results. So, before you venture out, try these five simple steps. We’re sure you’ll reap the benefits very soon!
Admedia Services & Resources
online video advertising || ad publisher || contextual ads || cpa solutions || online local advertising || targeted online advertising || text advertising || interstitial ad || pay per click banners