Since the launch of the Instagram Business Profile in the year 2016, everybody has been thinking to switch on to it sooner and later. For most influencers and organizations who had a lot of following, converting their account into the business profile was an easy decision.
Currently, there are around 25 million Instagram Business Profiles active now. While for most this decision was easy, many are still wondering the time to shift into the Instagram Business mode. This indecision of activating the Business profile is because they are concerned about the impacts it will have on their profile and whether they will see a drop in their engagement after switching.
Why do people suspect to convert into Instagram Business Profile?
With Facebook bringing a complete shift in their algorithm and content prioritization, the shift to such changes is visible on Instagram too. And this is the reason why people think twice when they make the decision to shift their profile into the Instagram Business Profile. However, all the evidence suggests that switching to a business account will only help you. With access to analytics and other features unavailable to personal accounts, it’s all upside. So, it’s no wonder why Instagram is nudging brands to switch. Let us find out the time when you should switch your Instagram profile to Instagram Business Profile and when you do, how should you do it?
Difference between a Personal Instagram Account and Instagram Business Profile
One of the most important differences in a Personal Instagram Account and an Instagram Business Profile is the access to business features like Instagram insights, contact information, and Instagram Ads. But how did the brands manage to connect business before the release of Instagram Business Profile? There are tactics like pack their bio with all their contact information or make assumptions about who’s their target audience. But when you switch to a business profile, that’s all taken care of.
How to start with the Instagram Business Profile?
To start with the Instagram Business Profile and verification, here is what you need to do –
- Log in to your Instagram account and go to settings.
- Tap “Switch to Business Profile”.
- Switch to Instagram business profile. Once you click on this, Instagram will release a pop up to connect to a Facebook Business Page.
Note: You need to have Admin access to the Facebook page in order to convert to an Instagram Business Profile.
- Connect Instagram profile to Facebook.
- Choose a category for your profile/business.
- Choose a category for your profile
- Fill out your contact details (email address, phone number, and address). You need to fill out at least one of these.
- Setup your Instagram business profile contact information.
Once you complete all of this information, your Instagram Business Profile is good to go. Instagram will show a video walkthrough to support the business account.
How to convert an Instagram Business Profile to a Normal Profile?
- Log in to your Instagram account and go into settings.
- In the “Business Settings” section, tap “Switch Back to Personal Account”.
- switch back to personal account Instagram
- Instagram will give you a prompt to make sure you want to switch to a personal account. Tap “Switch Back” to confirm.
- switch back to personal account notification