The year 2022 may have taken the eCommerce world by surprise. The eCommerce innovations that have emerged this year could not have been expected. There has been a pandemic since 2020, and people will continue to purchase online. You can also take advantage of specific e-commerce trends. Shopify and BigCommerce, on the other hand, are on the same page. This blog outlines eCommerce trends that every business should implement to boost sales.
1. Increasing revenue via gaming platforms
At the end of 2021, Facebook launched its new Horizon Worlds platform. Although it is not yet ready for advertising in-world eCommerce sales, it will be shortly.
Nike, Gucci, Coca-Cola, and Vans are global firms seeking to offer virtual, branded items to customers. Meanwhile, some gaming companies will allow eCommerce transactions on their platforms. Balenciaga, for example, recently collaborated with Epic Games to develop their Fortnight apparel collection.
Additionally, Nike just introduced Nikeland on the Roblox gaming platform, where users can purchase virtual Nike clothing for their gaming avatars.
Advantages of eCommerce enterprises adopting the virtual world.
- Increase engagement with the customers.
- It provides excellent visibility, particularly for addressing younger generations.
2. Entering the Business-to-Business Dynamics
Much of the focus in the aftermath of the COVID-19 outbreak has been on Business-to-Consumer (B2C) eCommerce. Ninety-six percent of Business-to-Business (B2B) buyers who selected internet procurement during the pandemic indicated they would consider doing so again once things returned to normal. Still, it’s vital not to overlook Business-to-Business (B2B) innovation, which also enjoyed a significant boom. Ninety-six percent of Business-to-Business (B2B) buyers who selected internet procurement during the pandemic indicated they would consider doing so again once things returned to normal.
Advantages of pitching B2B sales:
- Scalability- The B2B eCommerce industry is massive. It is double the size of the B2C sector. According to recent eCommerce Statistics by the White House, it is expected to reach $1.8 trillion in the United States alone by 2023. Buyers today find the internet sales experience more convenient than purchasing from a sales professional in the past. For firms, this provides a significant opportunity.
- Increased Sales- B2B eCommerce software will help you access a more extensive consumer base and attract more customers. Still, it will also help you maximize sales by establishing automated cross-sell and up-sell programs. For example, a big distributor that used our B2B eCommerce solution witnessed an average revenue boost of 10.5 percent.
- Programs can be used to provide relevant ideas, urge clients to purchase more related things or upgrade their chosen products to higher-spec models. They also offer personalized promotions and price mapping to ensure that the appropriate clients see the correct rates at the right time.
3. Video Promotion
According to a Forbes study, video reviews affect 67 percent of buyers. Video is all the rage in eCommerce these days, with online merchants including everything from product explanatory films to video testimonials in their marketing campaigns.
The rationale behind this is obvious since video eliminates the uncertainty of purchasing a product you’ve never seen before. You may see the object in motion, feel its dimensions (which a photograph may not communicate), and learn how it works if it has moving components. Furthermore, individuals prefer watching videos to reading product descriptions.
Video marketing provides:
- Customer-generated review videos for the items you offer may be found, collected, and posted using software platforms such as videos.
- Simple and dynamic interaction
- Possibility of displaying genuine consumer feedback and demonstrating social evidence.
- Customers are less likely to make expensive returns since they know what they’re getting.
4. Leveraging Social Media Influencers
Social marketing is all about selling things directly through social media platforms. On social media sites like TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and YouTube Shorts, short videos, sponsored commercials, and influencer marketing assist drive purchase choices. Last year, social commerce accounted for $30 billion in sales in the United States alone.
Shopify and other eCommerce platforms have made significant investments to assist their clients in taking advantage of social commerce. eCommerce enterprises that utilize Shopify may effortlessly advertise on TikTok by collaborating with the platform. The TikTok Advertising Manager is located on the Shopify dashboard and allows you to create, tweak, and publish product ads easily.
The Advantages of Social Influencer Commerce:
- Influencer social proof can increase purchases.
- Brands may grow their following and reach.
- Customer engagement and brand-to-consumer communication are improved via social commerce.
5. Streaming Live
Have you ever been scrolling through TV stations in a hotel and stumbled onto the Home Shopping Network? You may have been puzzled why someone would buy earrings from a stranger on TV. Something similar is sweeping over the eCommerce industry.
Streaming in Real-Time Commerce is a new trend in which businesses (or influencers they’ve hired) make live streams using your provided product feed (i.e., generate live content where their audience may engage with them), highlighting commercial items. And they’re not simply promoting those items and providing a link in the description. Some video streaming sites even allow you to buy those things while watching a live stream.
Live stream commerce is now quite popular in China, and it is beginning to gain traction in the United States as well. Shows can be live-streamed on television, social media platforms, websites, or mobile apps. Walmart recently teamed up with TikTok to provide a live-streamed shopping experience. With a single click, viewers may add products to their shopping. The event attracted seven times the number of viewers expected and resulted in a 25% increase in followers.
Amazon now offers live streaming shopping to consumers. For its audience, it has established a dedicated live stream platform named “Amazon Live.” Influencers and curators submit product-oriented videos with special deals. Viewers may also use the chat to ask product-related queries.
Advantages of Live Streaming Commerce:
- Increase consumer reach
- Increase brand awareness
- Reduce your profits.
- Increase consumer involvement.
The eCommerce industry is a constantly evolving one. Understanding current trends can allow you to remain ahead of the competition by incorporating those that work best for your brand and company plan. Keep an eye on your competition, study new methods of reaching out to clients, and prioritize improvements.
Contact us now to learn more about how AdMedia.com can assist you in adapting to the newest eCommerce trends in 2022.